Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting back in the game...mental health game...

Yesterday I was finishing up at the 9-5 and I thought to myself "I really miss being in a clinical setting"...I miss seeing the different mental health disorders and diagnosing them, treatment planning, writing progress notes...I miss being around all that stuff.  It's been over a year since I finished my internship at the mental hospital and I'm going through some serious withdrawals.  Thank goodness I'm going back to school later this year otherwise I'd be in bad shape. 

I'm still looking for a supervisor so I can start formally studying for the LMHC exam.  It looks like I'm going to have to pay out of pocket.  Oh well, you win some and you lose some. 

I also requested some mental health time off and I'm going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras then I'm going to a concert out of town.  I'm working on some more Mental Health 101 posts so those will be coming soon.  Also be on the lookout for my relationship posts now that it's February.

I hope everyone's New Year's resolutions are working out.  If you already fell off the wagon, tomorrow is always a good time to try again.

Until next time...

Take care,
-Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment