Sunday, February 26, 2012

PhD Program Application...going big!

Hey guys!

I just started my application for my PhD program...I decided to get it online at Capella University mainly because I plan on private practice both in person and online and to do both I need to get my LMHC, which I'm eligible for already.  The PhD is a personal goal of mine and I'm almost there already and I have nothing better to do right now anyway.  I'm going to pay the application fees when I get paid later this week.  My Capella application is my birthday present to myself. 

To update you on my progress on starting my LMHC, apparently I'm (inadvertently) in the middle of some office politics at my 9-5...messed up I know but I'm not too concerned about it because I'm applying for my PhD program!  I've devised a plan B to get clinical supervision with the help of my Linkedin account so I hope to start that process soon although I'm going to pay out of pocket for supervision now.

I'm going to need your support more than ever!  Please check out the ads on my blog and Twitter (despite the annoyingness) so I can get paid and use the money to pay for my LMHC supervision.  Once I get licensed, I can officially and legally do therapy online...I'm talking individual and group therapy services online.  It's gonna be awesome!

I plan on adding to my mental health 101 series now that I know where my DSM-IV and other references are in my house...February was one of the best months I've had in a very long time thanks in part to you guys! I have 75 views on this blog, which is pretty awesome!  If I can get to 100 views by my birthday in a couple of weeks, I'm going to tell my friends and family about what I've been up to for the past couple of months...I'm a sneaky little thing am I?

Again thanks for checking out the blog and keep an eye out for big things coming!

Take care,
-Kimmy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment