Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Doctoral Comprehensive Exam!?

My teachers in my Master's program warned me that a PhD. program is no joke but did I listen?  Noooooo!

Last week, I checked out my academic plan and saw that I had a class by itself one quarter:  Doctoral Comprehensive Exam. I thought that it was odd because Capella knows that it is not financially prudent for me to take a class by itself because I'm running out of Stafford Loan money. 

My academic advisor called me a little while ago to tell me about some changes to my schedule next semester and I asked her about this class.  She proceeds to tell me that it's to ensure that I'm ready to write the dissertation and it consists of three research questions that I submit for review and they butcher it (not her words by the way) and I revise it.  She also tells me that it's the equivalent to writing a book.  I knew that I was going to write a book for my doctoral program but two really shocked me.  I was like OMG baby Jesus what did I get myself into!?!?  I don't have to worry about it for a couple of years but still...OMG!  Now I definitely gotta finish my LMHC before I start my dissertation.

This is what I get for trying to do too much lol  Do other doctoral programs have this requirement? 

Okay, I'm done venting.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Be on the lookout for future posts and tell your friends about me!

Until next time...

Take care,
-Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment