Wednesday, July 11, 2012

School, Supervision, and Board Exams

I started school this week and once of my classes is a major thorn in my side.  I have assignments due almost every weekend this quarter including while I'm in the BVI visiting family (I haven't seen them in five years because I was working on my Master's).  I have to buy an international air card which are not cheap at all so I'm pretty peeved about that.  I also switched professors in one of my classes because my professor (by mistake I assume) stated that the class was supposed to be taken towards the end of the program and did not address my and other students' concerns about being in the wrong class quickly (it was the weekend for goodness sake) so I wanted out because I'm not trying to be in the wrong class right now.  After some back and forth with my academic adviser, she agreed to switched professors.  My new professor appears to be more together but the class is still hardcore.  Ugh.  Story of my life.  Before you think I'm being a brat, I'm not a fan of my program because the database search functions Capella uses are not sensitive, making it a royal pain in the ass to find articles for assignments.  I took a seminar on searching through databases so I know I'm not losing it.  Something I could find in 30 minutes at Webster takes 90 minutes at Capella using the same databases.  My boss, who also attends Capella, agrees with me on this one too.

I'm also studying for my state board exam because I want to get that out of the way before the holidays and we start the new fiscal year at work.  That is going pretty okay I just need to work on the treatment interventions part since I used that knowledge sparingly since I graduated school.

Once I get around to looking at my DSM-IV (not looking forward to buying the DSM-5 because those suckers are NOT cheap but I digress) and pick my next disorder, I'll post another mental health 101 post.

Hope everyone is doing well...until next time...

Take care,
-Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment