Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Survived the First Semester of my PhD. Program (somewhat)

Hi everyone!

First, I'd like to apologize for disappearing for the past couple of weeks.  It was crunch-time with my schoolwork.  Unfortunately my poor time management skills and my notorious procrastination got the best of me and I ended up turning in assignments late and it was a complete disaster.  I'm sure my grades are going to be crap this term however I'm going make some changes to my schedule and people are not going to like it but oh well...school has to come first going forward.  I'll let you guys know of the damage I did to myself when my grades post.  Honestly, I don't care about my grades anymore because my GPA during my Master's program was 3.91 and it DID NOT help me get a job at all...so...I'm just going to do the best I can and not stress.

One of my good friends is letting me borrow her study materials for the Florida LMHC exam so I'm going to take the mock test in a couple of weeks then take the real thing after I finish the next semester of school.  When I get my book voucher from school I'm going to buy some more study materials and some treatment planning books.

I had to skip a supervision session because I ran out of funds after paying the bills.  I'm good to go now.

I'm going to start working on Mental Health 101 posts tomorrow after I get caught up with my progress notes for clinical supervision tomorrow.

In the meantime, thanks for checking out my blog during my absence (nearly 1500 views...wow!) and take care!

-Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment