Friday, April 13, 2012

Readjusting to online learning

Well I'm wrapping up my first week of school at Capella...online school is a beast!  Since this is a doctoral program, I gotta bring it...which required more time that I'd thought I would spend on my discussion posts.  It took a while for me to come up with intelligent postings.  I managed to turn them in on time although I was cutting it close with the SafeAssign...now I know I DEFINITELY can't procrastinate.  *Sigh*

I applied for a grant and if I get selected I'll be heading to California in June.  I'll find out in the next few weeks or so.  I definitely need that grant since I'll max out my Stafford loan limit when I get around to my dissertation.  I'm also looking into fellowships to lessen the blow.  There's also a scholarship I'm going to apply for next month...one of the requirements is that I gotta sucessfully complete a class (which I haven't done yet) and some other stuff...I gotta get this free money to pay for school!

If I get all my work done, I may sneak in a Mental Health 101 post this afternoon but I definitely plan of doing some posts over the next few days since tax season is over.  I'm definitely looking forward to going back to Zumba and I can officially start looking for a dog to adopt. 

I would like to than @Hypno_Gary for mentioning me to his followers on Twitter.  You support means a lot! :)

That's it for now...just wanted to check in. :)

Take care,
-Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment