Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sometimes you gotta take matters into your own hands!

Hi all!

My name is Kimmy and I am a master's level counselor trying to make a living.  I work in Human Services/Counseling but I'm not currently in a counselor or therapist position.  I'm not a patient person so I decided to do my own thing by providing my services online.  I have a website http://kimmycounselingservices.webs.com/ that is a work in progress.  I plan on offering services via email and chat in the upcoming months. Until I get everything shakin' and bakin', I will be blogging about various issues and if you want to ask me something personally you can email me at kimmycounselingservices@gmail.com. I'll reply within 24 hours. My blog posts will be on my website as well.

On this blog, I will talk about about my story about the process of becoming a licensed mental health counselor as well as my professional topics so students can learn what the process is really like.  Let me tell you, it's difficult but I love it!  I'm having more fun putting my website and blog together then I've had at my job in 5 months!

I am legit I promise you!  My B.A. is in History and Psychology at Florida State University (Go Seminoles!) and my M.A. is in Mental Health Counseling at Webster University.  I have met all the requirements to register as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor Intern in the state of Florida, I just need to find a supervisor so I can register.  My job has policies that has caused a lengthy delay but I'll be eligible for supervision at my agency next month (thank God!). I'll keep you updated on my progress toward my licensure, which is a two year process from the time I initially register with Florida with my supervisor information.  Florida is the most difficult state in the nation to become a licensed counselor/therapist/social worker so when someone tells you they're licensed in Florida, they are no quack!  I am also looking on becoming a certified online counselor.  I know it exists, I just gotta figure out how to become certified.

With all that said, I'm excited about this journey I'm taking and I hope many will seek my help!

-Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment