Friday, January 11, 2013

LMHC Supervisor Crisis

I think I said in a previous post that my LMHC supervisor dropped me because I wasn't seeing enough clients to make it worth her while (long story short) and I met with another LMHC supervisor yesterday and she told me the same thing.  So, I'm at a standstill right now as far as getting my LMHC and it's very frustrating.  I was told to volunteer to do psychosocials and assessments at my agency however I'm going to put that on hold.  She also told me that it would be a good time to study and take the LMHC exam so I think I'm going to scrounge up the money to do that.  I also have to renew my license (although I just got the thing *sigh*) soon.  I've also been looking for positions where clinical supervision is available so we'll see how it goes.

School is going alright.  I'm taking a class on eating disorders.  I'm trying to figure out how they can stretch eating disorders out for 10 weeks but I guess it's because of the resistance to treatment (when they do get treatment) and high relapse rate.  So far the emphasis is on prevention.  We'll see how it goes.

I hope everyone's 2013 is going well.  Be on the lookout for new posts.

Take care,
-Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment