Sunday, December 30, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes

A year ago, I was feeling crappy about the direction my life was going so I decided to do something about it.  Writing this blog has been one of the highlights of the year.  Also, I got a counselor position, started my doctoral program, and found a LMHC supervisor so I can start studying for the exam.  The year was going pretty well with the exception with some financial crises towards the end that I'm getting through (Christmas did not help at all) and my LMHC supervisor dropping me a few weeks ago (it's all for the best; she only wanted my money).  One of my friends has information for a LMHC supervisor who is much cheaper and hopefully more understanding of my current job and lack of clients I'm seeing.  I'm also looking for jobs that will get me closer to the 2000 hours I need.

School is going okay.  Honestly I don't like the program at all but it's a means to an end and I'm getting through the coursework portion of the program.  I'm also going to do my residency this summer and fall to start on the dissertation part of the program. I got the only C I can get in the program so I gotta watch my grades going forward so I don't get kicked out.

I just wanted to take some time to thank my readers for reading the blog and I hope you gained some insight and were amused somehow.  I wish all of you the best in 2013.

Take care,
-Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment